Allegheny Children’s Initiative is a nonprofit social services agency that provides behavioral and mental health services to children between the ages of 2-21 and their families, throughout Allegheny and Washington Counties.
We are licensed by the PA Department of Human Services/Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and are monitored by Allegheny and Washington Counties Departments of Human Services, along with Beacon Health Options and Community Care Behavioral Health organizations.
Allegheny Children’s Initiative is a trauma-informed agency. Staff are trained in the delivery of trauma-informed care, which includes recognizing and addressing the impact of trauma in daily practices and interventions. Our goal is to help children function at their highest abilities by providing a continuum of community-based behavioral health services.
Allegheny Children’s Initiative is proudly accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
What We Do
Allegheny Children’s Initiative provides the following services:
- Administrative Service Coordination
- Blended Service Coordination
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services
- Kids’ Club and Moms’ Empowerment Program
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy
- Student Assistance Program
How We Help
Allegheny Children’s Initiative works with children and their families to identify their strengths and needs. Together we work together to build a plan that works toward strength-based, individualized goals. Allegheny Children’s Initiative prides itself on:
- Listening to youth and families.
- Focusing on youth and their family’s needs, promoting everyone’s strengths.
- Working together, we partner with families to follow their child’s treatment and measure their success.
- We teach, consult, answer questions, and offer youth and their families as much support as they need.
- Our goal is to provide children and their families with a renewed sense of hope and value!
Where We Help
We work with children and adolescents in their environment (home, school and/or community) to support them, their family, and their natural supports.
Who We Help
We help children and adolescents who:
- Need help with anger management.
- Feel anxious or depressed.
- Have experienced trauma.
- Need help focusing or following directions.
- Are at risk for out-of-home placement.
- Need to feel better about themselves.
- Have trouble sleeping or eating.
Allegheny Children’s Initiative provides services to more than 500 children and adolescents with adjustment and behavioral health challenges including depression, anxiety, and autism spectrum disorders. We also help children whose lives have been impacted by trauma, abuse, or neglect.